Student Success Stories
"Tell us your story!Nevada Career Institute Family
How did your experience at Nevada Career Institute help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"I like to be around people and like to help others so the medical field is the best for me. I’m really proud of myself and I’m happy with my career."Christina C.
"My future looks hopeful. My future looks independent. My future looks secure because I know that I have skills that can carry me anywhere."Cynthia M.
"Since graduation, I have worked in all aspects of the medical field from family practice to sleep disorders. I make great money, and my life is very full! Thanks NCI and thanks Mrs. K!"Denise S.
Medical Insurance Biller & Coder Course Activities
Medical Insurance Billers & Coders organize and manage health information data by ensuring that it maintains its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper files and electronic systems. They use various classification systems to code and categorize patient information for insurance reimbursement purposes, for databases and registries, and to maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories.
Medical Insurance Billers typically perform the following tasks:
- Scheduling patient appointments.
- Reviewing patients’ records for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of data.
- Organizing and maintaining data for clinical databases and registries.
- Tracking patient outcomes for quality assessment.
- Using classification software to assign clinical codes for reimbursement and data analysis.
- Electronically recording data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patients’ records.
Get started now!
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.