Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Pharmacy Technician Course Activities
As a Pharmacy Technician, your job tasks and responsibilities may include: receiving incoming prescriptions, transcribing physician’s orders, calculating doses, using drug distribution systems, preparing IVs, packaging medications, filling patient cassettes, labeling prescriptions, and interfacing with patients. Best of all, your career skills will travel with you wherever you go.
Pharmacy Technicians typically perform the following tasks:
- Collecting information to fill prescriptions from customers or health professionals
- Measuring amounts of medication for prescriptions
- Sterile and non-sterile drug compounding
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions
- Organizing inventory and alerting pharmacists to shortages of medications or supplies
- Accepting payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Recording customer or patient prescription information
- Answering customer phone calls
- Arranging for customers to speak with pharmacists to answer questions about medications or other health matters
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.