Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Dental Assistant Course Activities
Dental assistants perform many tasks, ranging from patient care and taking x-rays to record keeping and scheduling appointments. Their duties vary by state and by the dentists’ offices where they work. Graduates of the Dental Assistant program routinely find entry-level positions working in dental offices, clinics and other oral health care facilities.
Dental Assistants typically perform the following tasks:
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing patients for exams
- Recording patient history and personal information
- Measuring vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Assisting physicians with patient examinations
- Prepping instruments for doctors
- Giving patients injections or medications as directed by the physician and as permitted by state law
- Preparing patient samples for laboratory tests
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.