Student Success Stories
"Since graduation, I have worked in all aspects of the medical field from family practice to sleep disorders. I make great money, and my life is very full! Thanks NCI and thanks Mrs. K!"Denise S.
"My future looks hopeful. My future looks independent. My future looks secure because I know that I have skills that can carry me anywhere."Cynthia M.
"I like to be around people and like to help others so the medical field is the best for me. I’m really proud of myself and I’m happy with my career."Christina C.
"Tell us your story!Nevada Career Institute Family
How did your experience at Nevada Career Institute help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
Dental Assistant Course Activities
Dental assistants perform many tasks, ranging from patient care and taking x-rays to record keeping and scheduling appointments. Their duties vary by state and by the dentists’ offices where they work. Graduates of the Dental Assistant program routinely find entry-level positions working in dental offices, clinics and other oral health care facilities.
Dental Assistants typically perform the following tasks:
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing patients for exams
- Recording patient history and personal information
- Measuring vital signs, such as blood pressure
- Assisting physicians with patient examinations
- Prepping instruments for doctors
- Giving patients injections or medications as directed by the physician and as permitted by state law
- Preparing patient samples for laboratory tests
Get started now!
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.