Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Dental Assistant Careers
The Dental Assistant program at Nevada Career Institute provides the education and training needed to begin a career working in a variety of different dental and oral health care facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Dentists’ offices
- Dental clinics
- Dental laboratories
- And other health care related facilities
Quick Facts about Dental Assistants*
- Employment of Dental Assistants is projected to grow 19 percent nationally from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Ongoing research linking oral health and general health will likely continue to increase the demand for preventive dental services.
- Dentists are expected to continue to hire more Dental Assistants to complete routine tasks, allowing the dentist to see more patients in their practice and to spend their time on more complex procedures.
- Most Dental Assistants work in dentists’ offices; however, opportunities may exist in other locations, such as public health organizations, dental clinics, with the government, in prisons, and in branches of military.
- Most Dental Assistants work full time, but many employers offer part-time positions as well. Some specialty dental offices have night hours as well.
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.