Student Success Stories
"Since graduation, I have worked in all aspects of the medical field from family practice to sleep disorders. I make great money, and my life is very full! Thanks NCI and thanks Mrs. K!"Denise S.
"I like to be around people and like to help others so the medical field is the best for me. I’m really proud of myself and I’m happy with my career."Christina C.
"My future looks hopeful. My future looks independent. My future looks secure because I know that I have skills that can carry me anywhere."Cynthia M.
"Tell us your story!Nevada Career Institute Family
How did your experience at Nevada Career Institute help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
Dental Assistant Careers
The Dental Assistant program at Nevada Career Institute provides the education and training needed to begin a career working in a variety of different dental and oral health care facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Dentists’ offices
- Dental clinics
- Dental laboratories
- And other health care related facilities
Quick Facts about Dental Assistants*
- Employment of Dental Assistants is projected to grow 18 percent nationally from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Ongoing research linking oral health and general health will likely continue to increase the demand for preventive dental services.
- Dentists are expected to continue to hire more Dental Assistants to complete routine tasks, allowing the dentist to see more patients in their practice and to spend their time on more complex procedures.
- Most Dental Assistants work in dentists’ offices; however, opportunities may exist in other locations, such as public health organizations, dental clinics, with the government, in prisons, and in branches of military.
- Most Dental Assistants work full time, but many employers offer part-time positions as well. Some specialty dental offices have night hours as well.
Get started now!
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.