Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Medical Assistant Course Activities
A graduate of the Medical Assistant Program may be employed by a physician, hospital, medical and diagnostic laboratories, nursing care facilities, or outpatient facility. Employment opportunities can be found in the front office environment such as word processing, medical transcribing, admitting clerk, intake personnel, receptionist, medical records clerk, and other medical administrative procedures. Opportunities in the back office environment may include laboratory procedures such as venipuncture and other laboratory testing, preparing patients for examination, conducting diagnostic tests, and assisting with minor surgeries.
Medical Assistants typically perform the following tasks:
- Scheduling patient appointments.
- Preparing patients for exams.
- Recording patient history and personal information.
- Measuring vital signs, such as blood pressure.
- Assisting physicians with patient examinations.
- Prepping instruments for doctors.
- Giving patients injections or medications as directed by the physician and as permitted by state law.
- Preparing patient samples for laboratory tests.
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.