Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Medical Assistant Careers
The Medical Assistant program at Nevada Career Institute provides the education and training needed to begin a career working in a variety of different medical and health care facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Physicians’ offices
- Research facilities
- Public health organizations
- And other health care related facilities.
Quick Facts about Medical Assistants*
- Employment of Medical Assistants is projected to grow 29 percent nationally from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Medical Assistants work mostly in primary care, a steadily growing sector of the health care industry.
- Physicians are expected to hire more Medical Assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients.
- Most Medical Assistants work in physicians’ offices, hospitals, outpatient clinics, and other health care facilities. In 2016, more than half of all Medical Assistants worked in physicians’ offices.
- Most Medical Assistants work full time. Some work evenings, weekends, or holidays to cover shifts in medical facilities that are always open.
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.