Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Medical Insurance Biller & Coder Careers
The Medical Insurance Billing program at Nevada Career Institute is designed to provide the fundamental knowledge and education needed to begin working with medical and insurance records as a medical insurance biller and coder or medical records and health information technician.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Physician’s offices
- Medical clinics
- Nursing care facilities
- And other health care related facilities.
Quick Facts about Medical Insurance Billers & Coders*
- Employment of Medical Insurance Billers is projected to grow 13 percent nationally from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.
- The increasing adaptation and use of electronic health records (EHRs) will continue to change the job responsibilities of Medical Insurance Billers.
- Most Medical Insurance Billers work full time. In health care facilities that are always open, such as hospitals, they may work evening or overnight shifts.
- An aging population will require more medical services, and Medical Insurance Billers and Coders will be needed to organize and manage the older generations’ health information data.
- Medical Insurance Billers typically work in offices and may spend many hours in front of computer monitors. Some technicians may work from home.
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.