Student Success Stories
"Tell us your story!Nevada Career Institute Family
How did your experience at Nevada Career Institute help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
"Since graduation, I have worked in all aspects of the medical field from family practice to sleep disorders. I make great money, and my life is very full! Thanks NCI and thanks Mrs. K!"Denise S.
"I like to be around people and like to help others so the medical field is the best for me. I’m really proud of myself and I’m happy with my career."Christina C.
"My future looks hopeful. My future looks independent. My future looks secure because I know that I have skills that can carry me anywhere."Cynthia M.
Medical Insurance Biller & Coder Careers
The Medical Insurance Billing program at Nevada Career Institute is a professional health care training course designed to provide the fundamental knowledge and education needed to begin working with medical and insurance records as a medical biller, professional coder or other medical office professional.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Physician’s offices
- Medical clinics
- Nursing care facilities
- And other health care related facilities.
Quick Facts about Medical Insurance Billers & Coders*
- Employment of Medical Insurance Billers is projected to grow 15 percent nationally from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations.
- The increasing adaptation and use of electronic health records (EHRs) will continue to change the job responsibilities of Medical Insurance Billers.
- Most Medical Insurance Billers work full time. In health care facilities that are always open, such as hospitals, they may work evening or overnight shifts.
- An aging population will require more medical services, and Medical Insurance Billers and Coders will be needed to organize and manage the older generations’ health information data.
- Medical Insurance Billers typically work in offices and may spend many hours in front of computer monitors. Some technicians may work from home.
Get started now!
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.