Serving Students Since 1993
Nevada Career Institute - Opportunity
Nevada Career Institute - Serving Students Since 1993
Surgical Technologist Careers
The Surgical Technologist program at Nevada Career Institute provides the education and training needed to begin a career working in a variety of different medical and health care facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Surgical centers
- Outpatient clinics
- Physicians’ offices (for doctors who perform outpatient surgery)
Quick Facts about Surgical Technologists*
- Employment of Surgical Technologists is projected to grow 12 percent nationally from 2016 to 2026, faster than the average for all occupations.
- About 71 percent of Surgical Technologists worked in hospitals in 2016. Some work in outpatient care centers or in offices of physicians who perform outpatient surgery.
- Most Surgical Technologists work full time. Surgical Technologists employed in hospitals may work or be on call during nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Surgical Technologists may also be required to work shifts lasting longer than 8 hours.
- Job prospects should be best for surgical technologists who have completed an accredited education program and hold a certification.
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.