Student Success Stories
"I like to be around people and like to help others so the medical field is the best for me. I’m really proud of myself and I’m happy with my career."Christina C.
"My future looks hopeful. My future looks independent. My future looks secure because I know that I have skills that can carry me anywhere."Cynthia M.
"Since graduation, I have worked in all aspects of the medical field from family practice to sleep disorders. I make great money, and my life is very full! Thanks NCI and thanks Mrs. K!"Denise S.
"Tell us your story!Nevada Career Institute Family
How did your experience at Nevada Career Institute help you? Did our career services team help you find a job after you graduated? Have you been promoted to a new position?
If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it! "
Surgical Technologist Careers
The Surgical Technologist program at Nevada Career Institute provides the education and training needed to begin a career working in a variety of different medical and health care facilities.
Graduates of the program routinely find jobs working in:
- Surgical centers
- Outpatient clinics
- Physicians’ offices (for doctors who perform outpatient surgery)
Quick Facts about Surgical Technologists*
- Employment of Surgical Technologists is projected to grow 12 percent nationally from 2014 to 2024, faster than the average for all occupations.
- About 71 percent of Surgical Technologists worked in hospitals in 2014. Some work in outpatient care centers or in offices of physicians who perform outpatient surgery.
- Most Surgical Technologists work full time. Surgical Technologists employed in hospitals may work or be on call during nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Surgical Technologists may also be required to work shifts lasting longer than 8 hours.
- Job prospects should be best for surgical technologists who have completed an accredited education program and hold a certification.
Get started now!
Learn more about Nevada Career Institute and our programs.